A daily cleaning routine is a busy person’s best friend. See, here’s the thing about cleaning house: the more often you do it, the less you actually have to do. That’s why it’s a good idea to have a quick, daily cleaning routine that will keep your house looking nice all the time. Use the printable house cleaning checklist (below) as your daily routine and you’ll start every day off right.
- Make your bed every morning. A rumpled bed will make even the cleanest rooms look like a disaster.
- Pick up all clothing. Clean stuff gets folded or hung, dirty stuff goes in the hamper.
- Put away jewelry, hand lotion and other items on the nightstand. Take your water-glass to the kitchen sink.
- Wipe the sink basin clean after you’ve used it.
- Buff water spots from mirror and faucet.
- Wipe the toilet seat and rim with a disinfecting cloth.
- Spray the shower, tub and shower curtain with a daily cleaner after use. Squeegee the glass door if you have one.
- Replace any makeup-stained towels or wash cloths with clean ones.
- Empty the dishwasher if it’s full.
- Empty the sink of any dirty dishes, and give the sink a quick scrub.
- Spray and wipe down counters and appliance fronts.
- Corral any clutter into a neat pile to deal with later in the day.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe up any splatters on the floor.
- Toss the dirty dishtowel in the wash, and put out a clean one.
- If you have the time, give the floor a quick sweep.
Living and/or Family Room
- Straighten all pillows and blankets on the sofa, which is one of the room’s major focal points.
- Neaten magazines, books, games and DVDs that are sitting out.
- Wipe away any obvious crumbs and fingerprints from table tops.
- Use a carpet sweeper or hand vacuum to pick up any messes from floor.
If you have the time and energy, consider going through the house spraying a homemade air freshener to give the appearance of having cleaned even more thoroughly than you did!
Printable Daily Cleaning Routine Checklist
Equipment you may need: