Some days we’re just too busy to do any serious cleaning, or maybe we just don’t have the energy. Believe it or not, a minute here and a minute there can really make a difference in how your home looks.
One-minute chores are easy enough for kids to do, too, so keep this list handy throughout the summer!
30 Second Chores
- Empty a trash can.
- Change the hand towels in the kitchen or bathroom.
- Dust your coffee table.
- Rinse the kitchen sink.
- Wash your pet’s food or water bowl.
- Water a plant.
- Toss the junk mail.
- Straighten magazines.
- Wipe down a room’s light switches and door jambs.
- Shake out your Welcome Mat.
- Sweep the front step.
- Wipe fingerprints off of an appliance front.
- Polish the window over the sink.
- Clean a bathroom mirror.
- Dust a room’s picture frames.
1 Minute Chores
- Take magazines or newspapers to the recycling bin.
- Wipe the sinks and fixtures in a bathroom.
- Wipe down a bathroom vanity and toilet tank.
- Scrub a toilet.
- Dust the horizontal surfaces in a room.
- Pick up shoes near the front door.
- Empty one rack of the dishwasher.
- Run hot vinegar down a drain to degunk it.
- Dust some mini-blinds.
- Wipe down the kitchen table.
- Treat a clothing stain.
- Wash your coffee pot.
- Wipe the front of your kitchen cupboards.
- Straighten sofa pillows.
- Do a quick clutter patrol.
- Get the trash out of your car.
- Clean your cup holders.
- Microwave your wet kitchen sponge to sanitize it.
- Dust your entertainment center.
- Dust your computer monitor and keyboard.
- Scoop the cats’ litter box.
- Wipe up spills in the fridge.
- Change the box of baking soda in your fridge.
- Empty the paper shredder.
- Sweep the entry way.
Of course, no one is saying that you have to fill every minute of your day with housework. Where’s the fun in that? But by using free minutes, like when you’re on the phone or waiting for the kids to finish breakfast, you can tackle some of the little chores that make a big impact on how clean your home feels.