If it weren’t for my homemade soap scum remover, we’d have to remodel the bathroom. I mean it.
See, I hate our glass shower door! Some things a girl just wants to keep hidden…like, how her flabby bits wobble when she bends to shave her legs. Or how much soap scum collects on the shower doors between serious cleanings.
Well, I haven’t had much luck doing anything about the flabby bits, but this mix sure got rid of the soap scum fast!
How To Make Homemade Soap Scum Remover
- Dawn original dish soap
- White vinegar heated until VERY hot
- An empty spray bottle
- A microfiber cloth (or extension cleaning pole if you have a bad back)
- A measuring cup
1. Using the measuring cup, add equal parts VERY hot vinegar and Dawn dish soap to the spray bottle.
2. Heavily spray the shower door or surface that you want to clean. The solution will cling. That’s good.
3. Let sit 30 minutes to overnight.
4. Wipe clean with the rag and warm water.
5. Scrubbing hard probably won’t be necessary, but if there are particularly stubborn spots, go at them with a stiff-bristled brush.
Now, don’t stop here. Be sure to clean any shower mold and mildew that remains (though, if your vinegar is hot enough, this mixture may knock that stuff out anyway). And don’t forget to clean your shower head regularly, too. You can make these part of your weekly bathroom cleaning, or just do it when things start looking nasty.
Once your shower is spic and span, keep it that way using a daily homemade shower spray. It takes just seconds to use after the final shower of the day, and it will keep that yucky soap scum and mildew from recurring.
After all, wouldn’t you rather spend just a few seconds preventing a mess than hours cleaning one? I sure would!
Equipment you may need:
Get my eBook 30 DAYS TO A CLEAN AND ORGANIZED HOUSE
• 10 of my homemade cleaning mix recipes
• Learn the secrets to organizing without going insane
• Reviewers describe it as "Life changing!" Just $3.99 on Amazon. Get your copy HERE
No Kindle? No problem! Get the free app here and start reading on your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac today!