With all of the other ways to save using your own homemade mixes, is it any surprise you can save by making a homemade soft scrub cleaner, too? Whether you just want the plain, quick-cleaning kind or you’d like yours to have a nice scent and de-greasing power, just whip up one of the recipes below.
Note: to clean small spots, simply wet a wash cloth or sponge and sprinkle on some baking soda. For bigger jobs, or to keep a jar of cleaner ready for use, try one of these:
Standard Homemade Soft Scrub Cleaner
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tbsp. liquid dish detergent (Dawn Original works great)
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
Combine the baking soda and dish detergent to make a paste, then stir in the vinegar. You can use more vinegar if you’d like a thinner consistency and it will only add more cleaning power to the mix. Store in a small jar. To use, apply with a microfiber cloth, scrub and rinse dry.
Scented Homemade Soft Scrub Cleaner
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup castile soap (Dr. Bronner’s Lavender or Peppermint are both nice)
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 6-8 drops essential oil (I like to match the soap’s scent)
In a bowl, combine the baking soda and soap. Slowly stir in the vinegar (it will make a little fizz). Add essential oil until you’re happy with the fragrance, then thin the mixture with enough water to get a consistency you like. Store in a squeeze bottle to keep handy. To use, apply with a microfiber cloth, scrub and rinse dry.
Equipment you may need:
Get my eBook 30 DAYS TO A CLEAN AND ORGANIZED HOUSE
• 10 of my homemade cleaning mix recipes
• Learn the secrets to organizing without going insane
• Reviewers describe it as "Life changing!" Just $3.99 on Amazon. Get your copy HERE
No Kindle? No problem! Get the free app here and start reading on your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac today!