A weekly bedroom cleaning routine needs to consist of more than making your bed now and then and scooping up your laundry. Not only will regular weekly bedroom cleaning help your bedroom feel like a place of comfort and retreat, it’s essential for allergy sufferers.
Follow this routine to clean your bedroom each week and you’ll never have to close your door in shame again.
You will need:
Two bags or boxes
Furniture polish (or make your own from a homemade mix)
Fresh bed sheets and pillow cases
Vacuum cleaner with upholstery and crevice attachments
Homemade air freshener or a jar of air freshener gel (optional)
- Start with a tidy bedroom using the daily cleaning routine. Skip making your bed.
- Pick up all trash and put it in one of the bags or boxes. Set it by the bedroom door.
- Gather the clutter that belongs elsewhere and put it in the second bag, also by the door.
- Get dusting: Work the room from left to right, top to bottom, and dust the window casings, furniture, and knickknacks. Polish as you go if you like.
- Polish the mirrors.
- Do smudge patrol by cleaning the light switches, door knobs and door jambs.
- Strip the bed. Take used bed linens to the laundry room.
- Start vacuuming. Using your vacuum’s upholstery attachment, vacuum the mattress while it’s bare. Switch to the crevice attachment and vacuum around the room where the floor meets the walls. Now, remove the attachment and vacuum the rest room.
- Empty the trash. Line your trash can with a plastic grocery bag or paper towel and return it to the bedroom.
- Make the bed.
- Finishing touches: Give the room a misting with air freshener if you like. Then take care of that bag of clutter which belongs elsewhere.
Honestly, I’m not a fan of bedroom cleaning day, but it makes such a huge difference in the quality of my sleep. Not only is there less dust in the air to irritate my allergies, but there’s just something about a freshly made bed that’s such a delight to sleep in. Or maybe I’m just extra tired after all that work.
Get my eBook 30 DAYS TO A CLEAN AND ORGANIZED HOUSE
• 10 of my homemade cleaning mix recipes
• Learn the secrets to organizing without going insane
• Reviewers describe it as "Life changing!" Just $3.99 on Amazon. Get your copy HERE
No Kindle? No problem! Get the free app here and start reading on your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac today!
Ready for the printable?
Equipment I Use To Do This: