Puttanesca refers to the, er, “working girls” in Italy who made this quick pasta sauce between, er, customers. Let’s just say they knew their way around the kitchen, too, because this is a delicious meal that comes together in mere minutes. It’s even faster if you’re using leftover noodles; just heat them for a minute in boiling water and drain. Enjoy!
Pasta with Fresh Puttanesca Sauce
- 1 pkg. (1 lb.) angel hair, spaghetti or linguine pasta
- 1 5-oz. can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 oz. flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 red chili, chopped (optional)
- 12 green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, put remaining ingredients (except for Parmesan cheese) in bowl and mix well.
- 3. Add pasta and toss with sauce.
- 4. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
(Submitted to Delightfully Dowling‘s “Mangia Monday”.)