This strawberry bread recipe is an easy one, so don’t let the word “bread” scare you away from making it. Unlike yeast-based breads, there’s no kneading or rising involved. It’s delicious midsummer when you’re tired of eating berries straight out of the garden, or in midwinter when the season’s chill has you yearning for a taste of summer again.
I first tried this recipe one year when we grew more strawberries than I knew what to do with. My neighbor happened to drop by just as it was cooling, so I offered her a slice and a cup of coffee. By the time she left, we’d polished off the entire loaf together. I felt so guilty that I wound up making it again that same day so my husband could have some (and I could have more).
It’s now a family favorite, and since it freezes well I try to keep some on hand. Since second-harvest strawberries are now coming on, I hope you give this recipe a try, and that it becomes a favorite of yours, too!
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and 8x4" loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In bowl of stand mixer, or large bowl, beat applesauce for 20 seconds.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, followed by Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Spoon into loaf pan and smooth top.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then loosen edges with spatula and turn onto baking rack to cool.
To freeze Strawberry Bread so you can enjoy it any time of year, wait until the loaf has completely cooled then double-wrap it in plastic wrap and tuck it into a freezer bag. Unwrap before defrosting and serve the Strawberry Bread at room-temperature or lightly toasted, with or without butter.
Equipment I Used:
Get my eBook 30 DAYS TO A CLEAN AND ORGANIZED HOUSE
• 10 of my homemade cleaning mix recipes
• Learn the secrets to organizing without going insane
• Reviewers describe it as "Life changing!" Just $3.99 on Amazon. Get your copy HERE
No Kindle? No problem! Get the free app here and start reading on your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac today!