This Tangy Curry Chicken Kebab recipe is in heavy-rotation here in our house. See, I absolutely love kebab in the summer. What’s not to like about such a simple way to cook meat and vegetables at the same time, without heating up the house?
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how much time you can save with it. I make up several batches when I do freezer-meal cooking. Just freeze the chopped chicken in the marinade and pop the veggies into the bag when you pull it out to defrost. Boom, you’ve got yourself a wonderfully marinated meal ready to skewer and grill.
Don’t let the curry part of this recipe’s name scare you. You probably won’t taste the curry powder at all, as a matter of fact. These are delicious, with a good balance of tangy and sweet flavors complemented nicely by the smokiness from the grill. Served with rice and fresh fruit, it’s a wonderful meal!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. red curry powder
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1-inch slices horizontally
- 12 large button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, whole
- In a Ziplock bag or non-reactive bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, curry powder, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces and add to marinade. Seal bag or cover bowl, and mix well. If making ahead, pop into freezer as-is. If you're making it right away, add the veggies now.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours to overnight, or place into freezer immediately for future use.
- When ready to grill, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread meat and vegetables on skewers.
- Grill 10-15 minutes over medium-high coals, turning frequently, until done.
This marinade, like most of the ones I use, is very versatile so you don’t have to limit yourself to chicken! I’ve served it using lamb, sirloin cut into chunks, and even shrimp. Oh, and feel free to swap out half of the paprika for smoked paprika. Wow, is THAT good!
Serve Tangy Curry Chicken Kebabs over brown rice with a side of sliced melon and you’ve got a fantastic, healthy meal your family is sure to love.
Equipment I used making this:
Get my eBook 30 DAYS TO A CLEAN AND ORGANIZED HOUSE
• 10 of my homemade cleaning mix recipes
• Learn the secrets to organizing without going insane
• Reviewers describe it as "Life changing!" Just $3.99 on Amazon. Get your copy HERE
No Kindle? No problem! Get the free app here and start reading on your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac today!