This Tangy Curry Chicken Kebab recipe is in heavy-rotation in our house. See, I absolutely love cooking kebabs in the summer. What’s not to like about cooking meat and vegetables at the same time without heating up the house?
Another great thing about this recipe is how much time you can save with it: make the marinade and add it, along with chopped chicken, to a container and freeze it. The night before you want to make the kebabs pull the container out, add your veggies, and let the container defrost in your refrigerator overnight.
Don’t let the curry part of this recipe’s name scare you. These are delicious, with a good balance of tangy and sweet flavors complemented by the smokiness from the grill. Served with rice and fresh fruit, it’s a wonderful meal!
Tangy Curry Chicken Kebab Recipe
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. red curry powder
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1-inch slices horizontally
- 12 large button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, whole
- In a Ziplock bag or non-reactive bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, curry powder, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces and add to marinade. Seal bag or cover bowl, and mix well. If making ahead, pop into freezer as-is. If you're making it right away, add the veggies now.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours to overnight, or place into freezer immediately for future use.
- When ready to grill, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread meat and vegetables on skewers.
- Grill 10-15 minutes over medium-high coals, turning frequently, until done.
This marinade is very versatile so you don’t have to limit yourself to chicken! It’s delicious with lamb, sirloin cut into chunks, and even shrimp. Feel free to swap out half of the paprika for smoked paprika, too. Wow, is THAT good!