This baked tilapia with vegetables recipe is an amazingly simple meal that’s impressive enough for dinner guests. Since there’s no frying involved, you can even start with frozen fish, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights, too!
- 4 tilapia fillets (still frozen is fine)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ c. kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained
- ¼ c. Feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse tilapia fillets and pat dry. Place in baking dish and spray tops lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On stove, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions until they begin to turn translucent (approx. 3 min). Add garlic and, stirring constantly, cook until fragrant (around 2 more minutes). Add one (1) chopped tomato and cook until it begins releasing its juices (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Spread tomato mixture over fish fillets.
- Sprinkle remaining tomato, olives, and capers over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle Feta cheese (if using) on top of fish, then return it to the oven until the cheese melts. (About 2 minutes)
Slide this on top of cooked linguine noodles and serve with a side of steamed, garlicky spinach for a delicious and filling meal.
Bonus tip: Make your own cooking spray by combining 1 cup olive oil and 1 tbsp. water in a spray bottle. Shake well before use, and store in a cool, dark place.
Equipment I Used: