Black Bean Burger Patties
Cooks in Serves 4-6
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Splash of hot sauce (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor, finely chop the bell pepper, onion and garlic.
- Add everything else but the beans to the food processor. Mix for 1 full minute.
- Add the beans to the bowl and process for 30 seconds or so until the mixture reaches a meaty texture. (Don\'t turn it into a paste!)
- Add additional bread crumbs if too wet, or water/vegetable stock if too dry.
- Shape into patties and chill for 20 minutes.
- Spray skillet with oil and cook patties over medium heat, 5-7 minutes per side, until browned.