Knowing how to save money shopping online helps stretch the family budget. Whether you’re buying groceries, baby items, clothing, or school supplies there are easy ways to save money shopping online with just a few extra clicks.
I’m not talking about spending hours comparing prices and setting up complicated (and annoying) price drop alerts. I’m talking about shopping at all of the sites you already love, but getting discounts, and sometimes even cash back in the process.
Here are my five favorite ways:
1. Get money back. Use a site like eBates, one of my favorites: it pays you when you shop at stores you already love.
2. Top that with a promo code. Once you’ve filled your online shopping cart, pop over to Retail Me Not and find a promo code that you can use for even more savings!
3. Shop the right websites. Wal-Mart, Sears and K-Mart’s websites often have lower prices than their actual stores. Take advantage of this by having items purchased online delivered your local store at the online price. (Target doesn’t do the ship-to-store option, but their store will match the Target.com price.)
4. Use coupons on Amazon Did you know you can use coupons on Amazon? Yep, it’s true! You can also save up to 15% by subscribing to regular deliveries on things like groceries and personal care items from Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime, you’ll get free shipping, too (along with access to thousands of free streaming videos and their Kindle lending library).
5. Stalk your favorite stores. Retailers are starting to offer big, limited-time discounts to social media followers. They do so knowing that most people won’t see their offer while it’s still valid, yet many will make a (full-priced) purchase anyway. Follow your favorite stores on Facebook and Twitter, then watch closely so you don’t miss the deals.
What other ways do you know how to save money shopping online?