Every so often, I get in the mood to iron. It never happens in the summer — who wants to stand over a hot, steamy iron when it’s already hot and steamy in the house? But on a gloomy autumn day or cold winter morning, there’s just something relaxing about the process.
So, you might be surprised to learn that I use Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus when I iron. That’s just one of the 17 clever uses I’ve found for it around the house. So check out these Downy coupons and offers then give these ideas a try!
1. Wrinkled clothes. Of course, that one’s obvious — it’s in the name! But if you haven’t tried it yet, Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus is a game-changer. Just lightly spray it on clothing, give them a quick tug, smooth the wrinkles away with your hands and hang. No hot, steamy iron to frizz your hair or burn your hands but your clothes will still be wrinkle-free.
2. Jeans and jackets. If you’re one of the millions of us who wear jeans and jackets more than once between washings, this keeps them smelling just-laundered.
3. Gym bags. Even if you’re good about washing gym clothes after each workout, your tote can start to smell funky. A quick spritz with Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus gets the odor out.
4. Yucky yoga mats. Your favorite yoga mat will feel and smell brand new if you wipe it with a damp cloth after each use and spray it with Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus now and then.
5. Clothes you left in the dryer. Forgot to take that load of laundry out last night and now it’s lost the freshly laundered scent? Get it back with a quick spritz as you’re folding. You’ll never have to run the dryer repeatedly again.
6. Curtains. Not only do they pick up household odors, but curtains also get wrinkly when you use tie backs regularly, and they are such a nuisance to iron. Solve both problems by spraying them lightly (test the fabric in an inconspicuous place first), and you’ll freshen the room at the same time.
7. Throw pillows. Whether your kids (or pets) like to sit on them or you’ve just used them to nap on a lot, throw pillows will smell fresh if you make spraying them part of your weekly cleaning routine.
8. Door mats. Everyone who enters your home wipes their feet on these things. You’re good about sweeping or vacuuming them, but what about making them smell clean, too?
9. Smelly shoes. If you’ve got a teenager or athlete in your home, you know what I mean about that stink. Let shoes sit out overnight, so the sweat dries, then give them a quick spray and say goodbye to the stench.
10. Carpets. Dog-owners like me know that our best friends can leave some not-so-lovable smells behind. While Fido is out back doing his business (for once), give the carpets a quick spray to freshen them.
11. Sheets and pillows. One of the great things about staying in a hotel is having fresh sheets every night if you want. But who has time energy to do that at home? Give your bed a quick mist in the morning and come bedtime you’ll feel like a VIP guest in your own home. And, speaking of hotels…
12. Stuffy rooms. Ever walk into a hotel room — or maybe your teen’s bedroom — and gasp at the staleness of it all? Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus does a fantastic job of freshening the air, too!
13. Commuter clothing. Of course, you use your seatbelt in the car — what sane person doesn’t? But showing up to a job interview or important meeting with your waist a wrinkled mess can be embarrassing. Tuck a travel-sized bottle of Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus in your purse and you’re good to go.
14. Your car. Just because your vehicle has lost that new-car scent doesn’t mean it needs to smell like stale fast food and spilled milk. Spray interior fabrics — and the ceiling — for a more pleasant ride.
15. Closets. Coat closets, linen closets, even your clothes closet can all start smelling musty after a while. Stash an open box of chalk on a shelf to absorb moisture and give your closets a light misting to leave everything smelling sweet.
16. Holiday decor. After a year in storage your favorite table runners, wall hangings, and other holiday fabrics may be a bit wrinkled and stale. Give them a light spray, smooth them with your hands, and celebrate in style.
17. Ironing. Like I mentioned, now and then ironing can feel almost therapeutic. Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus works better than water and eliminates the need for starch so you can iron faster and get your clothes looking crisp at the same time.
Ready to pick some up? Here’s where to find a store near you.