One minute chores are a great way to deal with minor messes around the house without making a whole day of it. After all, life is busy whether you work inside or outside the home. No wonder we’re all trying to find ways to squeeze in a little extra cleaning time between work, errands, and cooking.
That’s the whole idea behind this list. Quick, one-minute chores are an excellent way to knock out cleaning tasks. Plus, most are so simple you can assign them to your kids when they whine about being bored–just grab the checklist at the bottom of this entry and keep it handy.
30 More One-Minute Chores
1. Change the battery in your smoke- or carbon-monoxide detector (and dust it!).
2. Dust a ceiling fan.
3. Dust a room’s air vents and registers.
4. Dust a room’s light bulbs while cool to maximize efficiency.
5. Empty your vacuum dustbin or change the bag.
6. Pinch dead leaves off a houseplant.
7. Vacuum or sweep dust from a dirty window screen.
8. Clean your phone with a disinfecting wipe.
9. Put a bag filled with white vinegar on the shower head to get rid of bacteria build up.
10. Refill the toilet paper supply.
11. Clean hair out of the shower drain.
12. Scoop dirty clothes from a bedroom floor.
13. Stuff tea bags in your shoes to deodorize them.
14. Toss bed pillows into the dryer to fluff them.
15. Clean crumbs from an unplugged toaster/toaster oven with a pastry brush.
16. Get the crumbs out of your silverware drawer.
17. Dust the top of your fridge.
18. Fill your dishwasher’s rinse aid with white vinegar.
19. Run a lemon slice in your garbage disposal to freshen it.
20. Throw away expired food in your fridge.
21. Wipe grease from your stove knobs.
22. Put your reusable grocery sacks in a sink and fill with hot, soapy water.
23. Wipe out your laundry basket with disinfectant.
24. Wipe the lint off the top of your dryer.
25. Plump a couple of pillows.
26. Use a lint roller on your sofa/chair cushions.
27. Pick up any dirty dishes and take them to the kitchen.
28. Straighten picture frames.
29. Brush your pet’s back.
30. Wipe down your patio or deck table with a clean, wet cloth.
MAKING TIME FOR ONE-MINUTE CHORES
The beautiful thing about one-minute chores is that they can be squeezed in when you’re doing other things, too. Try a few while dinner is simmering, or when you’re on hold with the cable company trying to get your bill lowered. Do a couple as your coffee brews in the morning, or when they’re running yet another commercial break during your favorite TV show. They do add up!