These uses for hand sanitizer are bound to surprise you. Who knew it was so versatile?
It seems like there are hand sanitizer dispensers just about everywhere: on counters at school, on reception desks, and inside the door at the grocery store.
Not long ago, I stumbled across a great sale on the stuff, so I stocked up. Wintertime is cold and flu season, after all, and clean hands are the first line of defense.
But having a half-dozen bottles of hand sanitizer at home got me to wondering if there are other ways to use the stuff? It turns out there are!
Surprising Uses for Hand Sanitizer
- Give your phone’s screen a shine with a dab of the stuff on a soft cloth. Chances are good that your phone could use a thorough cleaning.
- Clean your glasses or sunglasses. It eliminates hairspray specks on your specs, too.
- Dab it on a zit. The alcohol in hand sanitizer will dry that thing right up.
- Erase “permanent” markers from whiteboards, clothing, and walls. (Be sure to test in an inconspicuous spot first.)
- Get rid of paint stains on just about any surface, including paintbrushes.
- Remove sticky residue from labels.
- Stop mosquito bites from itching. Really!
- Disinfect your makeup brushes after washing them — rub a little hand sanitizer in the bristles and allow them to air dry.
- Deodorant substitute: wipe it on and let it dry. Don’t do this on freshly-shaved pits, though.
- Clean car mirrors and windows in a pinch. (Bonus: it will prevent frost and fogging!)
- Disinfect minor wounds for quick first-aid.
- Get sticky Christmas tree sap off your hands and other surfaces.
- Clean the spills on child car seats.
- Treat greasy stains before washing clothes. (Use unscented, uncolored sanitizer for this.)
- Clean dusty candles: wipe on then wipe away the dust.
- Get fingerprints off stainless steel. Yep, even your refrigerator!
- Remove food stains on microfiber furniture. Spot test in an inconspicuous place first, of course.
So, go ahead and tuck a bottle into your purse: with all the uses for hand sanitizer, it’s worth having some with you at all times.
Pin “17 Uses for Hand Sanitizer” for later!