This Creamy No-Mayo Pasta Salad is the perfect dish to take to summer get-togethers!
Looking for a super easy dish to take to backyard barbecues or block parties this summer? This Creamy No-Mayo Pasta Salad will become your new signature side. Without mayonnaise or any other temperature-sensitive ingredients, you can confidently serve it even on hot summer days.
That’s a huge plus in my book. If you’ve ever come home from a summer party where the food sat out a bit too long, you’ll know why. Sure, you could go the safer route and make pasta salad with an oil-based dressing but let’s be honest, don’t you feel greasy enough when the temps soar?
This cool, Creamy No-Mayo Pasta Salad solves all of that. It delivers vibrant summer flavors with a toothsome pasta bathed in a silky dressing that won’t leave you feeling grimy… or nervous. The secret? My Avocado Garlic Herb Dressing — I told you it’s the perfect dressing and I meant it!
It all starts with that dressing which takes just 3 minutes to make. Dairy-free and sugar-free, it’s rich in flavor and oh so creamy! Use 1 cup in this recipe and the rest on a salad, as a sandwich spread, or even as a veggie dip. (See, I told you it’s the perfect dressing!)
After that, boil 6 oz. of Conchiglie pasta in heavily salted water. When I say “heavily” I mean it — the water you boil pasta in should taste like the sea. Most of it will go down the drain but enough will have flavored the pasta that you won’t need to add additional salt to the recipe.
While the pasta cooks, slice 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes, mince half a red onion, cut 6 oz. of fresh mozzarella balls in half and mince 1 large bunch of parsley — enough to make 3 tablespoons. Drain and rinse the pasta and while it air dries a bit grate 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. (Please don’t use the stuff in the jar — it just doesn’t have the right flavor!)
Mix all but 1/4 cup of Parmesan together in a bowl with 1 cup of the Avocado Garlic Herb Dressing and chill it for 1 hour to let the flavors mingle. After that, serve it chilled or room temperature with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled on top.
It is SO good! Want to make it into a main dish? You know I love recipes that let you do that and this one’s no exception. Just add some chopped cooked chicken or shrimp plus a little more dressing if needed. Voila, you’ve got a main dish salad that will keep in the fridge for 2 days.
Serves: Serves 8
- 1 cup Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 6 oz. dry Conchiglie pasta
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, minced
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in heavily salted water. Drain and rinse in cool water. Drain and let air dry.
- Combine 1 cup Avocado Garlic Dressing, cooled pasta, tomatoes, onion, mozzarella, parsley, and ¾ cup of the Parmesan in a large bowl.
- Chill 1 hour to let flavors combine.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top before serving.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Keeps in refrigerator for 2 days