Time to read:2 minutes
This Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodles Recipe is comfort food at its finest! Featuring tender chicken, bites of peas and carrots, and slurpy noodles in a creamy sauce, it’s a meal your family will ask for time and again.
I love crockpot recipes, especially this time of year. There’s just something wonderful about walking in the door after a long day and smelling something delicious bubbling away in the slow cooker.
NO CANNED SOUP!
Finding crockpot recipes without “cream of this” or “cream of that” soup isn’t easy! I’m not a fan of canned soups due to their sodium content, not to mention how many are using high fructose corn syrup which is something we try to avoid.
So, when coming up with this recipe, I wanted to get that creaminess without opening a can of goop. This does it!
As far as the vegetables, I went with peas, carrots, and celery cut into small dice. I speeded up the prep even more by using my handy vegetable chopper which chops them all the same size so they cook evenly. As someone with arthritic hands, I love that thing! (It’s my secret to speeding up Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup, too.)
HOW EASY IS THIS?
To make Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodles, all you do is chop your vegetables and scatter them on the bottom of the crockpot. Add the broth and seasonings then top it all with three boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Cook it on LOW for 6 hours (or HIGH for 3) and gently shred the chicken with two forks. Stir in 4 oz. of cream cheese, and 2 cups of frozen egg noodles. Cook on LOW for 1 more hour and, boom, dinner’s served!
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodles keep well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodles
- 3 large carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried, ground sage
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups frozen egg noodles
- fresh parsley minced, for garnish (optional)
- Add the carrots, celery, peas, onions, pepper, sage, and chicken broth to the crockpot. Top with the chicken breasts. Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- Gently shred the chicken with a fork. Stir in the cream cheese and frozen egg noodles. Cook on LOW for 1 hour. Stir and serve. Garnish with minced parsley if desired.