This Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is a perfect Game Day dinner. Start it in the morning, watch your team win, then come home to a creamy, cheesy, rich soup studded with kernels of sweet corn, bits of onion and celery, and juicy bites of tomato.
Oh, and did I mention there’s beef and bacon in every spoonful, too?
Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
With autumn in the air, it’s time to dust off the crockpot and savor soup for dinner. I don’t know about you, but once the weather starts changing my body starts craving comfort food. This soup hits the right spot.
Always Brown the Beef!
As with all crockpot recipes using ground beef, you need to brown the meat in a skillet before adding it to the crock. If you’re using an Instant Pot you can do it right in the insert using the saute function. (Here’s the version I use.)
Either way, be sure to drain the meat before adding the rest of the ingredients. Also, don’t stir in the tomatoes and bacon until the final 20 minutes to keep their colors bright.
Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large potato peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup corn frozen or fresh
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup beef stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded (divided)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet until fully cooked. Drain and add it to the bowl of a crockpot.
- To the crockpot, add (in order) the garlic powder, salt, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, onion, potato, celery, corn, diced tomatoes, and beef stock. Stir well. Add the cream cheese on top, don't stir, then cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes, cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp and then drain and crumble it. Set aside 1/4 cup of the crumbled bacon for garnish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour into the milk and stir it, along with 2 cups of the cheddar cheese, into the crockpot. Stir in the remaining crumbled bacon and the sliced cherry tomatoes. Cook 20 minutes until thickened.
- Divide into bowls for serving and garnish with the reserved bacon and shredded cheddar.
This soup does not freeze well due to the cream cheese. Leftovers can be stored in air-tight containers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Reheat in a small saucepan or in the microwave, adding additional broth or water if needed.
- Stuffed Potato Skins Recipe
- Bacon Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Instant Pot Mexican Pulled Pork Recipe