Golden, crunchy homemade pita chips recipe that’s ready in minutes. Enjoy with your favorite dip or on their own for a perfectly-seasoned snack.
You can make this homemade pita chip recipe using store-bought pita, or do it all from scratch with the homemade pita bread recipe that I shared last week.
My family loves pita sandwiches, but we love homemade pita chips even more! Buying them got expensive, though, because my guys will go through an entire bag in one afternoon. Each.
Then one time, I’d tripled my pita bread recipe with the idea of freezing extras, but I didn’t get around to it until they were almost stale. That’s when I decided to tinker around with a seasoning combination and quick baking method to turn pita bread into homemade pita chips.
Now, it’s one of our favorite family snacks, and I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours does!
Easy Homemade Pita Chips Recipe
What to Serve with Pita Chips
These homemade pita crisps are excellent on their own thanks to the flavorful seasoning. But if you’re in the mood for a healthier version of chips and dip, use them to scoop up one of these great recipes:
Homemade Pita Chip Storage
Make sure your homemade pita chips are completely cool before storing them, or they’ll lose that fabulous crunch. Once cool, they’ll stay crisp in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to a week.
You can also bake and freeze them. To serve, defrost at room temperature then re-crisp on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!
Homemade Pita Chips
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt Sea salt works, too
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- ½ teaspoon sesame or poppy seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F / 190 C / gas mark 5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and seasonings. Brush both sides of each pita bread with seasoned oil mixture. Sprinkle the top with seeds, if using.
- Cut pita rounds into 8 wedges each and arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet. Make sure they don't overlap.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, watching closely. Remove from the oven when their edges begin to turn golden brown and cool on a wire rack.