If you’ve been turned off by storebought Pimento Cheese spread, you’re in for a real treat with this homemade version.
These flavors are lively, not fake. It has a creamy texture that is dotted with bits of sharp cheddar and bites of pimento. In short, it’s nothing like the gloppy stuff that comes in plastic tubs from the store.
Once you’ve tried this easy recipe, you’ll be hooked!
Homemade Pimento Cheese Recipe
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, and Keto-Friendly
Homemade Pimento Cheese is so versatile. It’s excellent on healthy celery sticks, so you can feel better about the fact that you’re snacking on a mixture of cheddar, cream cheese, and mayonnaise. If you’re eating low-carb, following the keto diet, or avoiding gluten, this will become your new favorite dip or spread!
Your imagination is the limit when it comes to serving this easy homemade pimento cheese recipe.
- Try it spread on crackers, of course.
- You can use it as a dip for veggies, a filling for omelets, or a bagel topping, too.
- Tired of deviled eggs? Replace the yolks with a dollop of this Homemade Pimento Cheese.
- Use it to make pimento cheese sandwiches, or get fancy and turn them into grilled cheese. You’ll lick the plate.
Orange or White Cheddar?
Most homemade pimento cheese recipes call for a mixture of white and orange cheddar. I’ll let you in on a secret: orange and white cheddar cheese are the same things. Orange cheddar cheese is merely white cheddar cheese with annatto added as a coloring agent. Then they charge more.
Store Homemade Pimento Cheese in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. It lasts at least a week, but your family will probably devour it long before then. Because of the mayonnaise, it does not freeze well and should not sit at room temperature for over two hours.
- Food Processor (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise NOT Miracle Whip!
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 4 ounces pimentos diced
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend the cream cheese until fluffy. Add mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and hot sauce (if using).
- Stir in the cheese and pimentos by hand then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Chill 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld.