This Tangy Curry Chicken Kebab recipe is in heavy-rotation in our house. See, I absolutely love cooking kebabs in the summer. What’s not to like about cooking meat and vegetables at the same time without heating up the house?
Don’t let the curry part of this recipe’s name scare you. These are delicious, with a good balance of tangy and sweet flavors complemented by the smokiness from the grill. If you’ve got the time, make a batch of homemade pita bread to go with it!
TIP: YOU CAN FREEZE IT IN THE MARINADE
Another great thing about this recipe is how much time you can save with it: make the marinade and add it, along with chopped chicken, to a container and freeze it. The night before you want to make the kebabs, pull the container out, add your veggies, and let the container defrost in your refrigerator overnight.
Tangy Curry Chicken Kebab Recipe
This marinade is very versatile so you don’t have to limit yourself to chicken! It’s delicious with lamb, sirloin cut into chunks, and even shrimp. Feel free to swap out half of the paprika for smoked paprika, too. Wow, is THAT good!
Tangy Curry Chicken Kebabs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tsp. paprika
- 2 Tsp. red curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Tsp. sea salt
- ¼ Tsp. black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 small zucchini cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 large button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper seeds and membrane removed, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes whole
- In a Ziplock bag or nonreactive bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, curry powder, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces and add to marinade. Seal bag or cover bowl, and mix well. If making ahead, pop it into freezer as-is. If you're making it right away, add the veggies now.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours to overnight, or place into the freezer immediately for future use.
- When ready to grill, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Thread meat and vegetables on skewers. Grill 10-15 minutes over medium-high coals, turning frequently until done.