Knowing how to save money shopping online helps stretch the family budget. Whether you’re buying groceries, clothing, or even furniture, there are easy ways to save money shopping online with just a few extra clicks.
I’m not talking about spending hours comparing prices and setting up complicated (and annoying) price drop alerts. I’m talking about shopping at all of the sites you already love, but getting discounts, and sometimes even cash back in the process.
How to Save Money Shopping Online
Here are my five favorite ways:
1. Get money back. Use a site like eBates, one of my favorites: it pays you when you shop at stores you already love. I get several hundred dollars back each year, sometimes more, just by starting my shopping search on their site. They even have an app for those who like to shop using their phones.
2. Top that with a promo code. Once you’ve filled your online shopping cart, pop over to Retail Me Not and find a promo code that you can use during the checkout process.
3. Shop the right websites. Wal-Mart, Sears, and K-Mart’s websites often have lower prices than their actual stores. Take advantage of this by having items purchased online delivered your local store at the online price. (Target will match the Target.com price.)
4. Use coupons on Amazon Did you know you can use coupons on Amazon? Yep, it’s true and you can find them all here! You can also save up to 15% by subscribing to regular deliveries on things like groceries and personal care items from Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime, you’ll get free shipping, too (along with access to thousands of free streaming videos and their Kindle lending library which includes all of my books).
5. Follow your favorite stores. Retailers are starting to offer big, limited-time discounts to social media followers. They do so because most people won’t see their offer while it’s still valid and will make a (full-priced) purchase anyway. Follow your favorite stores on Facebook and Twitter, and set your notifications so you always see their most recent posts, then watch your feed to get the deals.
Now that you’ve read this, grab one of my books!