Easy Marinara Sauce
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Servings: 4 people
Ten minutes is all it takes to make this flavorful yet easy marinara sauce recipe.
- 3 1/2 cups canned petite diced tomatoes (Two 14.5 ounce cans)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves minced (about 8 leaves) OR 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Drain the tomatoes, reserving the liquid.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add dried spices, including pepper flakes, to the skillet and cook 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium and add drained tomatoes to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly and using the edge of your spoon or spatula to break down the tomatoes. Add reserved tomato liquid as needed to thin sauce. Remove from heat when tomatoes have broken down and sauce is heated through.
Stir in fresh basil (if using) and season to taste with salt and pepper.